FIMI degreasing and pre-treatment lines are designed to obtain perfectly treated materials and improve operational efficiency whilst fully respecting the surrounding environment.
The function of these lines is to degrease the strip by removing oil and dust deposits resulting from rolling. With the aim of obtaining an adequately degreased aluminum coil, the surface of the strip must be very clean and free from grease, oxides, oils and residues from previous processing phases.
The best cleaning method should be chosen according to the purposes and results to be obtained, depending on the condition of surface and the type of alloy to be treated.
A standard cycle may foresee several treatment steps using acid and/or alkaline products. A mechanical pre-treatment (brushing) or a neutralization is necessary, especially when the nature of the degreaser is not fully compatible with that of the conversion treatments (alkali/acid). At the end of this phase, the aluminum surface must be clean and uniform. It’s very important that the surface layer richer in oxides and/or impurities is removed in order to obtain a good final result in terms of performance.
The degreasing process normally consists of: collection tanks in which the solution is contained; feeding pumps of the solution on the spray ramps; spray ramps placed above and under the aluminum strip (enclosed in special metal boxes); squeezing rolls placed at the beginning, in the middle and at the end of the tanks that allow the removal of the protective oils and of other substances present on the strip being processed.
The treatment systems offered by FIMI are available in three versions:
- washing with hot water;
- chemical degreasing with alkaline and/or acid products;
- electrolytic degreasing.
These products include a series of innovations in every detail, from the squeezing rolls, to the spraying ramps to the drying oven, to the electrolytic cells to the mechanical cleaning mechanisms and the control and managing devices.
Within this scope, FIMI production has ventured beyond market standards to enable the processing of even very thin material (starting from 12 µm) to achieve results that maintain the mechanical properties of the material unaltered.
Depending on the type of degreasing used, the effectiveness of the treatment, and consequently the quality of the final product, varies.
The choice of the cycle of degreasing should be made based on the final result to be obtained and the application for which the processed product is intended.
When choosing the degreasing cycle, the storage timing of the coils must also be taken into account. If the coils are stocked for a long period, the wrong degreasing cycle will result in the presence or return on the strip surface of environmental agents or pollutants not removed at depth.
The working speed of the degreasing line is a key parameter because each type of degreasing has its own operating limit for the same thickness of the aluminum strip.
Main advantages of FIMI Degreasing Lines
- Perfectly treated materials thanks to specially designed spraying ramps and several rinsing stations, the last of which rinses in demineralized water.
- Low consumption of chemicals thanks to the use of special wringer rollers that prevent the chemical solutions from dragging.
- Low polluting load of waste water in accordance with the established requirements.
- Low consumption of the drying oven thanks to the use of high-speed air nozzles at the beginning of the oven.
- Easy setting and control of line management parameters thanks to the electronic drive by PLC.
- Control of chemical bath concentration.
- Control of demi-water quality.
- Thermo-adjustment system
- In-line Tension-leveller
- Aluminum and alloys: 0.12 ÷ 4.0 mm Working Speed up to 500 mpm
- Steel: 0.10 ÷ 4.0 mm Working Speed up to 300 mpm
- Stainless Steel: 0.10 ÷ 3.0 mm Working Speed up to 300 mpm
- Copper: 0.10 ÷ 2.0 mm Working Speed up to 300 mpm